Thursday, September 27, 2007

24th September

Dear blog,

Its been ages since I wrote in you…. Been so b lately n I wasn’t able to go on9 before coming to Russia… but im gonna try n squeeze every little detail I can remember in u.. but before tat…

TADA~~~!!!

Im in Kursk now… n its quite exciting. Class hasn’t started tho.. but getting to know a different culture is definitely eliminating feelings of homesickness.. Sakai gila babun la org bilang.. Kasi kuar asap dari mulut tu pun ble bikin ketawa terbahak2 (not smoking here.. jst referring to the warm air u breathe out which condenses with the cold air outside causing it to look lyk white smoke… yea… whatever… ;p)

But sometimes… even in the moments of exciting discovery of the roads which are terbalik by the way coz their drivers are on the left hand side, and the run-down buildings which wud have still been so beautiful if maintained… I suddenly get intense surges of homesickness for msian food n msian people.. especially sabahans.. who im proud to say smile a lot most of the time.. even to strangers n are very polite n helpful.. GO GO MSIA! (feeling a lot more patriotic now lol)

Whereas here… when they are rude.. they are really rude.. but when they’re sweet… they’re extremely sweet. Its like only the extremes of cultures here. First taste of Russian hospitality was on our 7-hour flight from Dubai to Moscow… Mostly Russians on the flight.. n everywhere we looked, no smiling faces at all.. they just had a cold stare for us. That’s just the way they look at people I guess. Especially foreigners who don’t know how to speak Russian. Felt so out of place.. but just had to tough it out till I got to my seat n cud sleep my way tru the flight… no need to interact in any way with them yet… fuh~~

But before I cud sit, I needed to find a space for my hand luggage.. n all the compartments above our heads were full… so the stewardess tried to push bags n a plastic bag went “KLUNK”… only a tiny klunk mind you… n suddenly out of nowhere.. a young Russian lady started screaming something about to not touch her things, and the stewardess apologized saying she only wanted to make space by arranging her things… she was all like.. “Don’t touch my things, you’ve done enuf by touching my things.. Go away”……….. I felt horrible for the stewardess.. wud have been glad to carry my hand luggage on my lap all the way there for her at tat time… fuh~ bikin malu punya ppuan.

But some are very understanding n know that we are clueless here… like yesterday I was with a senior buying groceries… n we were trying to decide which ketchup was most like those in msia… ahaha.. and then a babushka (old ladies who dress similarly.. with large coats n scarves over their heads) was asking me which ketchup was which.. my lips just smiled at her while my eyes were searching franticly for my senior… then Mitchell showed up.. fuh~~ ( Marce I found ur cousin by the way.. if u ever find this blog tat is ekeke) n talked to her… n she kinda understood how blur I was n asked if I was a new student… Mitchell explained I dint know Russian yet n she started wishing me Gud luck here… to study hard… n to take care of myself… how sweet… I LOVE sweet old ladies… *sigh*

Neway I think im getting used to this place… surprisingly I think im adapting well to this place… Thank God for tat… I tot I wud be crying bucketfuls of tears on my first week here… But it seems the Lord has helped me coped. I don’t feel alone here.. Most of the seniors here are so very helpful… they helped carry our groceries.. showed us around… helped us pick out cheap stuff.. took us to eat when we cudn’t cook yet.. all this when they had class. Thank God for seniors…n joy… there are so many cute would-be docs here.. lol… damm the eye candy.

So many things going on ryte now… will update more on the ways things are here soon… so many things to write down…

Oya.. n weepeee~ went to church already here for the first time… will tell u about it later…

Tata bloggie~~

1 comments:

Joy said...

woohohoho.. byk o updates.. cool~! haha.. n something caught my eye jz now.. "babushka" haha.. is it d same babushka as ur "babushka doll"? hahha.. thanx agen for tat bebeh!

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com